Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formed for the implementation of Kochi Metro Rail Project. KMRL is a joint venture company with equal equity contribution of Government of India and Government of Kerala. In Phase-I, KMRL proposed to have 22 stations covering a distance of 25 km from Aluva to Petta. KMRL now has 16 operational stations covering a distance of 18.4 kms from Aluva to Maharajas College.
KMRL recognizes the criticality of transport services in a city in accessing education and economic opportunities and are in constant pursuit of improving our services for the citizens of Kochi. KMRL also acknowledges the importance of effective communication of information in making the metro more accessible. To further this goal, KMRL has made the metro information available for all. This data can be consumed by developers, entrepreneurs, academia and others to develop innovative applications on smartphones, feature phones, websites and other such platforms to assist commuters in making informed travel decisions. Making this data available can potentially trigger an ecosystem of innovation which can address requirements of different commuter groups.
About the data published
- Information that does not change frequently like routes, schedules, fare information, etc. has been published
- Global Transit Feed Specification (GTFS-static) is the selected format for representation of this data
- The dataset does not cover the following kinds of data:
- Personal information
- Data that KMRL is not authorized to share, including data that is non-sharable and sensitive
- Logo and official symbols of KMRL
- Data subject to other intellectual property rights
- Identity documents
- Any data that should not have been publicly disclosed for the grounds provided under Section 8 of RTI Act, 2005
- Access to this Data is free and non-exclusive. KMRL grants You a limited (to the extent set forth below) worldwide license to use, adapt, reproduce, store (both electronically and in hard copy), display, copy, transmit, and redistribute this Data in accordance with these Terms (as between you and KMRL) for the duration of existence of such rights over the data or information. The Data may be used for commercial and non-commercial applications
- KMRL retains all rights, title, and interest in the Data and will remain the property of KMRL. Therefore, any use of this Data must attribute KMRL as the source. The following attribution statement should be used: “Contains data provided by Kochi Metro Rail Limited”
- As the user of this Data, You may not in any way, implicitly or explicitly indicate or suggest that Your entity/product is endorsed officially by KMRL
- You shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in Your receipt and use of the Data. You shall not modify the Data to make it inaccurate, false or misleading
- KMRL and its officials and employees assume no responsibility or legal liability for any errors or omissions in the Data and is not responsible for any injury, damage or loss whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other caused by its use even if specifically advised of the possibility of such injury, damage or loss. You acknowledge that the Data is provided to You “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and “WITH ALL FAULTS” basis without any warranty of any kind
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless KMRL and its officers, directors, and employees from and against all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, or liabilities of any kind or of any nature arising out of or in connection with ‘Your Use of the Data’.
- KMRL will update the GTFS files with any changes or updates in its services. However, KMRL does not guarantee that the Data will be updated and cannot be held responsible if changes are not reflected. KMRL will make no notifications about any changes made to the Data
- KMRL reserves the right to modify or discontinue access to the Data (or any part thereof), temporarily or permanently, without any prior notice or explanation. You agree that KMRL will not be liable to You for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of access to the Data
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to their subject matter, and there are no other conflicting terms, conditions or obligations between the parties relating to Your Use of the Data.
- Failure to comply with the stipulated terms and conditions will cause the user’s rights to this data to end automatically. These terms are governed by Indian law.
To participate in discussions around the open data initiative, please register with the google group
For more details or queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill in the details to download the GTFS files.